An Introduction to the Principles of Anaerobic Digestion
Intended for beginners who are new to the subject of anaerobic digestion and biogas production. This course is suitable for:
– college students who wish to understand the background to anaerobic digestion and biogas production
– those seeking to run their own home or community digester, and
– professionals such as farmers, and businessmen who are considering investing in their own anaerobic digestion (biogas) plant.
This is our first course, for our new AD Training Club, and is based upon a compilation of our existing YouTube videos on the subject.
You will find some repetition of subjects in this training. That’s because the videos were made for general use originally, but if enough people show an interest in these free courses we will create new videos specifically for future courses.
On completing this training course you will be:
– able to explain the basic concepts of the anaerobic digestion process and biogas production
– aware of the benefits of the anaerobic digestion process and biogas production, and of some of the disadvantages
– ready to move on to our next course, which goes into more detail.
Please ignore the requests in many of the videos (lectures) to “Click the link below”, or to “visit the full article”. This is not necessary for this training.
Please try NOT to be distracted by YouTube’s efforts to get you to click on the videos they display at the end of each video! (If there is enough demand we will invest in this website to remove those distractions.)
Please give us you feedback on what you think of this course.